Patent leather shoes are the epitome of luxury when it comes to dress footwear. They exude style and have a festive feel, making them all the more special for occasions like weddings. For years men have shied away from these timeless lace ups for fear of being too 'loud' in their fashion choices.
Well fellas, those days are over, and we're about to tell you why.
First things first, what is patent leather? Put simply, it's a type of coated leather that has a high gloss finish. There is no colour discrimination when it comes to what sort of leather can be patent, however the most common colour is black due to the luxe, mirror like finish and the fact these shoes are most commonly worn with tuxedos.
So why do you need a pair we hear you ask? Well, apart from the fact they look hella cool, here are five more reasons your next shoe purchase should be patent.
1. If you don't have the dough to invest in a new suit, they'll breathe new life into your old one.
2. They are insanely easy to clean. Your mate spilt a beer on them? Watch it slide right off.
3. You'll only wear them to special occasions, so they are worth investing in for the long run.
4. You WILL have people comment on them, guaranteed (yes this is a good thing).
5. A patent shoe does all the talking, so you don't need to fuss over pocket squares and fancy ties.
Don't believe us? Try them for yourself in our Jet patent leather Derby.